Saturday, February 04, 2006

It wont get better if you pix it...

Ok, that last post was somewhat pukey - i must have not had my dose of wonder and light for the week. In retribution I give you the pics I sent to BOARDS magazine in the UK, on the oft chance they might publish some photos in their readers pix page. Snoball chance in hell of course, but i windsurf, i'm used to being skunked.

Ok, pic 1 is an old friend of mine, David Noone, now a resident of Boulder Colorado and a meteorological guru, home in Australia in Jan 2006 and racing an ancient Bic battleship against a jet ski containing a dad + 2 kiddies. Location - Sandy Point, Victoria, Australia, former home of the world sailing speed record (Yellow Pages)."Noony" would be stoked to get a photo in (cos he's never going to set any records on that kit)! Photographer - lil ole me.

There i am, sailing in from an overpowered session at Elwood Beach, Victoria, Australia, just after the completion of the Formula World Championship in December 2005 at the exact same beach (go you good thing Alison Shreeve!). Peter Hart may say "if the wind picks up go to shore and rig it like a bag-o-whatsit" but I say, "bugger that - I'm converting my 5.0 to a 4.1 via the use of my head". Photographer: Mistress P.

Last but not least is me again. New Years Eve 2005 at Sandy Point, Victoria, Australia. I (almost) had the whole place to myself (ie no one else was stupid enough to go out, well cept Sandy legend Andrew Daff). A 4.1 NP Zone and an Acid 80 was way too big. I needed to put on 20kg - mostly in the testicular dept. Scarily windy and wayyyy too much chop for true blasting, not to mention that this is completely the wrong tack for speed @ Sandy (should be on opposite tack along the sandbar in the distance). Photographer: Mistress P.

All taken on a Panasonic FZ5 12x digtal camera - for what its worth. 12x optical zoom - the windsuring photographers friend.

No comments: